Visits

Monday, April 2, 2012

Going Direct

I've not had too much going on in the land of musical instruments.
What precious little time I've had to sit down with the guitar, has been spent tinkering with my various D.I. boxes.

The Sansamp GT2 seems to be the best among them.
I mostly set it for Fender style clean tones with reverb supplied from the Boss FRV-1.
The results are quite satisfying. Like a tube amp in the sweet spot, it will break up pleasantly if pushed hard. I can't say the same for the Digitech digiverb.

I'm not sure if there's a dodgy patch lead or if the pickups of my Mosrite are too hot, but I hear an unpleasant clipping when the reverb is engaged. Bypassed the distorion goes away, but even when fully dry, the clipping is evident, which is a bit of a shame as I like playing with a wide range of dynamics.

The issue requires futher investigation, and comparison against the Bad Monkey pedals from the same manufacturer.

Will get around to posting samples one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment