Visits

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Mystery Hum, Mystery Solved.. I think.

For the past five years I have been plagued buy a mystery hum that gets into every non humbucking coil in the house (Even the reverb coils in my amplifiers). If I wanted to have hum free plating, then I had to orient my guitar in such a way as to reduce induction from the magnetic field lines. The source always stayed in the same place, but I couldn't figure it out.

Two days ago I awoke in the cold dark hours with an epiphany.
There is an electrical substation about 80 meters away, which I have walked past a couple of thousand times.
Until that moment of clarity I never even noticed or made the connection. It's encased in a residential/commercial looking brick building. So no glaringly obvious.

The Awesoem Power Of Rockets is looking forward to the transition to a larger residence where there is space for a small recording studio & workshop. Hopefully no hum in the air!


No comments:

Post a Comment